HFE Games and Menus for Cumana Reborn

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
raycomp
Private

HFE Games and Menus for Cumana Reborn

Post by raycomp »

I have created a set of HFE files for Oric games on Cumana Reborn.
The link describes what I have done.
Just need to extract the files to the root of the USB drive or a suitable folder.
https://rayharper.co.uk/Oric/Oric.html

Ray
Dbug
Site Admin

Re: HFE Games and Menus for Cumana Reborn

Post by Dbug »

I'm not quite sure about that:

Code: Select all

Out of 1322 games about half run, many are in French!
Does that mean your Cumana.zip contains 1322 games, but only half of them run, or does this zip archive contains only the working games among the 1322 you tested?
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

I have created a set of HFE files for Oric games on Cumana Reborn.
Idea is cool, but it could be interesting to keep the source file (from all the process : tap>dsk>hfe) used to create these disk files, to check if version used to create these is a good one.
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
raycomp
Private

Post by raycomp »

Dbug wrote: Mon Oct 31, 2022 6:10 pm I'm not quite sure about that:

Code: Select all

Out of 1322 games about half run, many are in French!
Does that mean your Cumana.zip contains 1322 games, but only half of them run, or does this zip archive contains only the working games among the 1322 you tested?
It contains all of the 1322 games.
Some I have not been able to get working in Oricutron may work on an Oric with the Cumana Reborn, other people may find approaches that can get them to work.
The files relating to a game are shown in sequence with DIR. Often a series like NONAME000.COM, NONAME001.COM and NONAME002.COM that could be investigated. Or a series NAME.COM, NAME.COM, NAME.COM all the same name or maybe with a .BIN.
I have not spent the time to look at these or consider what might be done.
A few times when getting one of the errors mentioned in the link above I have tried the TAP file and sometimes that has also given the error and sometimes the game has run.
I don't know enough about the differences but possibly some of these games are Oric specific and won't run on an Atmos. I have only tested on Atmos.
Ray
Last edited by raycomp on Wed Nov 02, 2022 12:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
raycomp
Private

Post by raycomp »

coco.oric wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 4:33 am Idea is cool, but it could be interesting to keep the source file (from all the process : tap>dsk>hfe) used to create these disk files, to check if version used to create these is a good one.
The source of the TAP files is the archive oric.rar.
I could provide the DSK compilation files as a zip if anyone wanted to look at those in Oricutron or other system.
Ray
raycomp
Private

Post by raycomp »

The link at the top now includes a zip file with all of the source compilation DSKs and spreadsheets listing the games and the DSKs they are on and whether I could get them to run in Oricutron.
Ray