Connections

If you want to ask questions about how the machine works, peculiar details, the differences between models, here it is !
How to program the oric hardware (VIA, FDC, ...) is also welcome.
coolman66
Flying Officer

Connections

Post by coolman66 »

What is the best way to connect my Ferguson cassette player to my laptop , by the 3.5 phono earphone plug is it possible to connect the audio din plug on the tape recorder to some kind of conversion plug to the USB on the laptop to convert a original Oric tape to wav format
Symoon
Archivist

Re: Connections

Post by Symoon »

I don't understand the request, how would 3 plugs be involved? (DIN, 3.5 jack and USB?)

Anyway, to plug a DIN tape player plug to a 3.5 jack input on the PC, I use this kind of cable (it was discussed recently):
https://www.amazon.fr/Nedis-C%C3%A2ble- ... 07HFFQVD8/

Along with RCA/Jack adapters (see https://www.amazon.fr/Valueline-AC-001- ... 006512PFG/), this allows loads of things: record Oric sound, record/save/load Oric tape, on RCA or jack based devices on the one side, and DIN based devices on the other (tape player or real Oric). You just have to figure first which RCA plug does what by testing a bit.

Now if there's USB somewhere, so far I have never used USB to capture sound so I have no recommendation ;)
kenneth
Squad Leader

Post by kenneth »

Maybe something like this ?
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

I actually had one like what Kenneth posted, and it did work ok for this type of job :)
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

The joy of having laptops that tend to get thinner and thinner to look as phones and drop the audio jacks, thus require the sacrifice of an USB port for sound. While phones are getting bigger and bigger to look like computers.
Guess I'm getting old (and off topic, sorry ;) )
coolman66
Flying Officer

Post by coolman66 »

The orders in for the ZXT CONNECTOR 👍
coolman66
Flying Officer

Post by coolman66 »

Are there any instructions on how to use this device Kenneth, my friend tried it and could not get any output is he missing something , it didn’t come with any instructions ?
kenneth
Squad Leader

Post by kenneth »

If we browse the audio parameter folder of the computer an other device appear (loudspeaker and microphone), you must select it.