Lorigraph and Master Paint image load/save?

This is the best place to discuss about the various Oric operating systems like Sedoric, Randos, FT-Dos, and others, as well as serious software, utilities, word processors, disassemblers, etc... that runs on oric computers.
Dbug
Site Admin

Lorigraph and Master Paint image load/save?

Post by Dbug »

That's probably a stupid question, but I wanted to test Lorigraph and Master Paint by trying to load the same image and try to use the flood fill routine on it.

Except I've no idea how these tools are even supposed to do that, Lorigraph ask you to enter a filename when saving, but the load just shows a brief error message, and there's no directory to access files anyway.

So how would you take an image, say "an HIRES memory capture from A000 to A000+8000 bytes, and get that loaded in these tools?
Symoon
Archivist

Re: Lorigraph and Master Paint image load/save?

Post by Symoon »

Have you tried looking at the manuals on Oric.org?
Lorigraph's one is there.

Master Paint manual is on my disk drive but curiously not on Oric.org. Anyway it says (French version) Q to load a file and E to save. The manual states they can be used outside Master Paint by CLOADing it in Hires mode.

EDIT: my bad, there is a PDF scanned by Dom in Master Paint stuff section (PDFs don't generate any icon so I didn't see it).
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Dbug wrote: Fri Feb 11, 2022 7:28 pm So how would you take an image, say "an HIRES memory capture from A000 to A000+8000 bytes, and get that loaded in these tools?
I would use Oricutron :D
Convert flood_fill_test.png to RAW:

Code: Select all

pictconv -o2 flood_fill_test.png flood_fill_test.bin
and copy the the RAW image (8000 bytes) to Oricutron's main folder.
Run Oricutron with Lorigraph (DSK or TAP).
Press ESC to switch from menu to image and move the cursor to bottom-right.
Press F2 and type in debugger:

fr $a000 flood_fill_test.bin
Screenshot_20220212_004017.png
Exit debbuger and image appears, press ESC for menu screen, select fill mode, ESC - back to image.
Move the cursor to fill start-point and press space! :)

PS: About joystick in Lorigraph - after lot searching I didn't found any code related to all known types of joystick inside the binary. :?
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

iss wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:12 am Press ESC to switch from menu to image and move the cursor to bottom-right.
Press F2 and type in debugger:

fr $a000 flood_fill_test.bin
Haaaa, I did not know of this fr command, it was not in the documentation I had, when was that added?

https://osdk.org/index.php?page=documen ... =oricutron
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Dbug wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:06 am Haaaa, I did not know of this fr command, it was not in the documentation I had, when was that added?
Here was the update info.
I'm trying always to keep my changes in synch with the ReadMe.txt file.

I recommend to copy the binary file to Oricutron's main folder just because I'm not sure how it will work if you put the filename with path and it contains spaces. ;)