Vectrex developers had invented them all

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
jbperin
Flight Lieutenant

Vectrex developers had invented them all

Post by jbperin »

As I was questioning him on how to create vectorial graphics game on Oric, Dbug talked to me about the Vectrex machine that I was totally ignorant about.

I enquired a little bit about the game production on this machine and I realize that they are some very good game concept amongst what was produced on it.

I find it fascinating that so much quality entertainment could be produced with so few resources.
No color .. no filling. Only points and lines and talented creators and developers.

I wonder if the games presented in this video was produced before their equivalent version on other platfroms. If yes it means that Vectrex developers had invented some of the most important game concept in game history.

Even the defence force game was available on Vectrex :shock:
jbperin
Flight Lieutenant

Re: Vectrex developers had invented them all

Post by jbperin »

Well, in fact it turns out that most of Vectrex games were inspired from arcade version.

Some of them look original though. Cosmic Chasm For example is said to be one of the first (and probably the only) home salon game to be ported on arcade.

And I don't know for Spike which is either an 3D ancestror or a 3D clone of Donkey Kong.

Anyway .. it is very interesting to see how they adapted the games with only points and lines
ibisum
Wing Commander

Re: Vectrex developers had invented them all

Post by ibisum »

It was an interesting system, but got boring very fast. I do think the concept of a vector machine in general is pretty cool though - but only if lasers are involved. ;)