Bytes transfer

This is the right place to discuss on how to implement hardware vsync, adding a VIA or AY chipset, puting multiple roms, or how to design a new flash expansion card.
jorodr
Flying Officer

Bytes transfer

Post by jorodr »

Hello guys,
Here in Bulgaria we're working for new Pravetz 8D and Oric 3.5" fdd drive. Soon you can see our work if you are interested. I'm writing here about one extention of the drive. I have created a little board and cable for transfer data from Pravetz 8D to PC and from PC to Pravetz. This way we can transfer our disk to disk images via my tool. I thing, Is it possible to make my programs to transfer sedoric-disks to PC. I don't know the microdisk-images. Can you help me with additional info?
Best regards,
George
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Depends about what the question is exactly.

Do you want to send an exact binary image of the floppy, with synchros, gaps, etc... or just the content of tracks and sectors ?

Both the microdisc and jasmin disc drives are using standard Western Digital floppy disc controllers, so basically the disc format is not far from a standard pc ms dos disc. There are some variants like 256 bytes large sectors instead of 512, but that's about it.
jorodr
Flying Officer

sedoric

Post by jorodr »

>>Do you want to send an exact binary image of the floppy, with synchros, gaps, etc... or just the content of tracks and sectors ?

What is usual format for your disk images? If I understand correct, the first is like our *.nib format that uses euphoric for apple][ controller emulation (217K). Second is only sector data, like *.dsk format for apple ][ disk images (140K). Can you read disk sectors one by on in sedoric , like our RWTS (Read Write Track, Sector) part of DOS 8D?
Is it useful for you to transfer via cable if at most ways you can read oric disks on PC?
Best regards,
George