BASIX

Everything related to BASIC version 1.x (Oric 1 and Atmos) or HYPERBASIC (Telestrat).
Don't hesitate to give your small program samples, technical insights, or questions...
Yicker
Pilot Officer

BASIX

Post by Yicker »

Hi,

I've been reading the articles over the last 6 months in the CEO magazine about the commands and functions found in BASIX which appears to be some sort of extended Basic.

Can someone tell me where I might be able to get hold of a copy?

Cheers
Scott
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

I've uploaded it on the FTP:
http://www.defence-force.org/ftp/forum/symoon/basix.zip
Have fun :D
Yicker
Pilot Officer

Post by Yicker »

Hi Symoon.

Thanks for that, very much appreciated.

Scott
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

Thanks Symoon,

"Ca faisait quelque temps que je me demandais ou trouver ca "
but i didn't search inside the ceo disk
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
romualdl
Officer Cadet

Re: BASIX

Post by romualdl »

I've not been through any thorough research and testing but is this BASIX some something like the Atari 800xl "Turbobasic Xl"?

Some computers have been through this kind of improvement, the most interesting being this Turbobasic-Xl. Of course the atari basic was pretty lame but the Turbo-basicS (different basics were ceated over the years) are really interesting in terms of speed (up to 5 times faster), new functions (even really advanced ones in some cases), also offering interpreter and compiler versions. Of course it's less interesting than C or assembly for pure-coders but much more user-friendly.
To make it short improvements have been made in the GOTO, GOSUB, FOR-NEXT loops (in the way to search the jump-return line, the handling of the stack...) and some improvement in poorly coded rom-sequences called by some basic functions. The structure has also seen improvements.
All these features allowing fast and easy programming for beginner coders. And some easy basic coding can be way faster than poor C code in the end (and I'm not talking about assembly).