PictConv in GUI

Questions, bug reports, features requests, ... about the Oric Software Development Kit. Please indicate clearly in the title the related element (OSDK for generic questions, PictConv, FilePack, XA, Euphoric, etc...) to make it easy to locate messages.

Twilighte
Game master

PictConv in GUI

Post by Twilighte »

I am writing a windows desktop version of pictconv.
I want to keep the batch capability that can be done with pictconv through a batch file.
I have currently got a very early version that doesn't currently do much, however the screenshot below gives some hints.
Their will be a separate window when conversion is selected to allow all those yummy settings to be made before the conversion.
Here is an image of the main dialog...

Please give me some feedback to what you'd like, since this should be an app as useful to me as for others.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

I suppose that for displaying the result in the GUI, you will call PictConv twice, once with the parameters to generate the requested image in the requested format, and once with the -o5 (export to pc format) to generate the picture in a pc readable format ?

Don't forget to integrate an additional "pure text" parameter field, to allow users to use advanced parameters. This way I can upgrade pictconv and users can keep using your gui application without having you to redo a new version immediately.