OSDK 0.012

Questions, bug reports, features requests, ... about the Oric Software Development Kit. Please indicate clearly in the title the related element (OSDK for generic questions, PictConv, FilePack, XA, Euphoric, etc...) to make it easy to locate messages.

Dbug
Site Admin

OSDK 0.012

Post by Dbug »

Ok, that's a major upgrade, actually I checked on the website, the last version I uploaded was the 0.009 from january 2004 :)

So here is the list of modifications:

Version 0.012 - June 2006
Corrected a bug in the linker that made impossible to use the linker with only one source file
Corrected a bug in the #file command in XA, it now correctly displays the file and line if an error happens during the second pass
Corrected a bug in the handling of static function pointer generating bad code (1.29 code generator by Fabrice)
Added an option to display the size of generated programs in Header

Version 0.011 - March 2006
Corrected a bug in the data unpacking code (overflow when offset was equal to 4096 exactly)
Corrected a bug (hack) in XA that make it crash when processing too many levels of macro expansion
Added a way to generate masks from a bitmap in PictConv
Added support for Atari ST compatible bitmap data in PictConv
Added an option in Bin2Txt to set the number of values per line of data
Added a new program in the OSDK, MemMap with the associated osdk_showmap.bat to show how memory is used

Version 0.010 - January 2004
Corrected bug in the memset routine: it was trashing the first byte that follow the routine.
Added screenshots of Euphoric menu, boot sequence and debugger in action

As usual, you can find the archive for the OSDK in the following page of Defence Force:
http://www.defence-force.org/computing/ ... /index.htm

I tested it to compile the game from Fabrice, I had to do a few modifications in the source code, but also some bugs to correct in the OSDK itself.

To compile proton, you have to do the following things:
- Rename 'invasion.asm' to 'invasion.s'. It's something I just realised I forgot to change that, looks like it's a new feature for version 0.013 :p
- Edit the source code to make it compatible with XA:
-> Replace "string" by ".asc"
-> Replace "BYTE" by ".byt"
-> Replace "WORD" by ".word"
-> Replace "equ" by "="
-> Replace "XOR" by "^"
-> Replace "LOW" by "<"
-> Replace "HIGH" by ">"
-> Remove all the "a" after "asl", "lsr"...
- Remove the "org" directive at the begining because we will set up that in the configuration file.
- Create a 'osdk_config.bat' file, that will contain the following lines:

Code: Select all

@ECHO OFF

::
:: Set the build paremeters
::
SET OSDKADDR=$600
SET OSDKLINK=-B
SET OSDKHEAD=-S1
SET OSDKNAME=proton
SET OSDKFILE=invasion
(you can of course just copy one from the "sample" folder, and modify it)

After that, all you have to do is to run "osdk_build.bat" (that you also copied from a "sample" folder) and then "osdk_execute.bat" to run euphoric. And finaly using "osdk_showmap.bat" you can see the whole program memory organisation :)

This version basicaly contains all the small tweaks and fixes I made for Twilighte and me while we develloped our games and demos for the Oric. So well it should in theory be quite stable, it's not impossible that I forgot some files thus, so please report any problem :)

Have fun !
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Ok, I replaced it by version 0.013, because I introduced a stupid bug in the previous version that I didn't catched (I renamed the compiler and forgot to change the name in one file).

So anyway here is the changes in version 0.013:

Version 0.013 - June 2006
- Corrected a bug in the makefile (introduce in version 0.012) that make it impossible to compile C programs
- It is now possible to use .ASM extension for assembly source code, in addition to .S
- Added pictures of Windows 2000 and Windows XP system properties in the installation page