Microdisk BootRom & some hardware specs

This is the best place to discuss about the various Oric operating systems like Sedoric, Randos, FT-Dos, and others, as well as serious software, utilities, word processors, disassemblers, etc... that runs on oric computers.
Godzil
Squad Leader

Microdisk BootRom & some hardware specs

Post by Godzil »

Hi all,

I currently trying to debug why the HxC and Microdisk (MD) does not like eachother during powerup, and after MD schematics check, it seems it does not use "classic" floppy signal for media insertion. (pin 34 or pin 2)

I have two question:

- Is there is already something like "L'oric a nu" or "Sedoric a nu" for the MD boot rom?

- Does someone know how the MD check for a floppy insertion/eject?

Thanks
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

I wonder how this is managed in emulators, perhaps you could check in Oricutron's source code, or alternatively contact Retromaster (the creators or cumulus) or Andre Cheramy (CEO mag editor in chief) who is quite knoledgeable about the microdisk.
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

Dbug wrote:I wonder how this is managed in emulators, perhaps you could check in Oricutron's source code, or alternatively contact Retromaster (the creators or cumulus) or Andre Cheramy (CEO mag editor in chief) who is quite knoledgeable about the microdisk.
That's a good advice, thanks, I will check with Andre