RIP Twilighte

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
Steve M
Squad Leader

Re: RIP Twilighte

Post by Steve M »

I'm rather distraut because I don't think I will be able to make it. I'm not certain yet, but I don't think I will manage it.

Though I felt very close we only actually met a few times. Twi spent much more time with you guys at CEO meets and with those of you at the coding parties. We chatted a lot online with emails and ICQ but there are so many of you that spent time with him doing that. I'm amazed really at how he managed to spend time with everyone. I've been in touch with one or two Of the Rhetoric guys are they are telling me how they were playing games and sending messages etc.

Dave Dick might give a better account than me. as he was at all the OUM Meets. I didn't get down to many.

I have written a couple of pages about Jonathan which I was going to send to his sister. It talks about some thing that were just mentioned - working on the Oric being about creation and art.
It talks about OUM and Rhetoric and such so I guess I could send it to Matthew and maybe he could read out whatever bits are appropriate.

I guess if you can say what Twi's abilities were and how he developed graphics and music (I was just looking at a collection of his early programs which were in BASIC, little or no graphics, but still they showed his odd humour and wit. I remember him struggling to learn machine code after Zebulon, I think, and it started to make sense to him and he suddenly got better and better. )
- and if you can include any funny stories that can go down well.
jorodr
Flying Officer

Post by jorodr »

RIP Jonathan from Bulgaria. We like your games so much. I know you'll be glad to see from heaven that we continue the work and Oric community to be saved for the future.
RIP again.
polluks
Pilot Officer

Post by polluks »

jorodr wrote:RIP Jonathan from Bulgaria. We like your games so much. I know you'll be glad to see from heaven that we continue the work and Oric community to be saved for the future.
RIP again.
The same from Germany...
cc65 development
Oric Atmos + Cumulus
Acorn Electron
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

So today we said a last goodbye to Jonathan.
Dbug and Jede are probably still in their plane as I write these few lines.

Jonathan's familly has been extremely nice and welcoming, and above all, extremely brave and shared with us happy memories of our friend.
We met other Oric people from UK (Dave Dick and Matt Coates, maybe others I missed). Also Antonio which is not an Orician, but kindly helped Jonathan by attending with him to last winter's CEO meeting in France.
Nice people everywhere.

Dbug had the good idea of bringing a laptop and demos of Jonathan's games, which many people took a look at, as everybody knew Jonathan's love and talent for computing and Oric. He also showed the messages sent from all over the Internet paying tribute to Jonathan.

I case you'd like to help, just a reminder from Jonathan's family: "we are collecting for the charitable hospice that looked after Jonathan. Donations through White Dove Funerals, 50 High Street South, Dunstable, Bedfordshire, LU6 3HD."
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Thanks for the update.

I really wish I could have been there... At least I was there in spirit. Glad to hear about all the nice people you met.

Bye Twilighte. Till we meet again...
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Symoon wrote:So today we said a last goodbye to Jonathan.
Dbug and Jede are probably still in their plane as I write these few lines.
I just arrived home.
Was a bit difficult: There was two cars crashed on the M1 just out of Dunstable, and as a result despite leaving Dunstable at 16:00 I was still only at 5km of Dunstable at 16:45... not stressed at all...
Symoon wrote:Jonathan's familly has been extremely nice and welcoming, and above all, extremely brave and shared with us happy memories of our friend.
We met other Oric people from UK (Dave Dick and Matt Coates, maybe others I missed). Also Antonio which is not an Orician, but kindly helped Jonathan by attending with him to last winter's CEO meeting in France.
Nice people everywhere.
It was really a nice event, was great to meet people from Jonathan's family, show them all he was doing, etc...

And I finally got my answer about how he managed to be that talented: His mother can speak French and Swahili, and is able to count in Norwegian, while his father was a painter and a music composer: I guess he inherited his skills.
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

Dbug & Symoon: Thank you to being there to represent all of us, and Thank you for your reports.
Dbug wrote: And I finally got my answer about how he managed to be that talented: His mother can speak French and Swahili, and is able to count in Norwegian, while his father was a painter and a music composer: I guess he inherited his skills.
Wow
Iapetus
Flying Officer

Post by Iapetus »

I am so sorry to know about this and this late. :( Rest in peace Jonathan...
Twitter: @newIapetus
Ko-fi:iapetusretrostuff
itch.io: Iapetus
Youtube: Iapetus Retro Stuff
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

I don't think I'll ever get over knowing him, and missing him as much as I do right now ..
waskol
Flight Lieutenant

Post by waskol »

I know this late and I feel like I had lost a good old friend. I knew Twi so few, but the few was so great.

Many kisses from earth to you in heaven.
Chloé