Missing software?

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
Dbug
Site Admin

Missing software?

Post by Dbug »

Hello everybody,

I was trying to find the "one" great software to push forward for each year the Oric has known, and found out that on Oric.org there's no games available for the following years: 1991, 1993, 1999, 2005, 2007, 2008, 2011.

Is it just missing software, or was there simply no game made at all these years?
Symoon
Archivist

Re: Missing software?

Post by Symoon »

Guess it's a mix.
I'd say in the early 90s new software were probably produced in UK but we French don't know them much (I have absolutely no idea of what was done by OUG / Rethoric for instance).
In the 2000s, it could be possible no software was released, but you could dig in the minigames compo, demos or unkown (by then) sources such as our friends in Eastern Europe.
Dom
Flying Officer

Post by Dom »

I've found
SQUEEK1 and MUSED from Twilighte for 1991
TETRIS GB and SONIX3.2 from Twilighte for 1993
and
ORIC STAR from Micro Programmes 5 for 2005 (I admit that this one, found in Oric.org database may seem quite strange...)

I've not been more luky than you and found nothing for the years 1999, 2007, 2008, 2011 :D
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

I think Oric Star came out much earlier.

Rhetoric disk#1 is available from my website. Was that 1999? (It's SO long ago!!!). Most of the Rhetoric stuff wasn't new but it contained disk versions of games that hadn't been on general release previously and some odds and ends from magazines and such that some might not have seen before. Whoops was a little game written by the person I bought my Atmos from. It had never been released. Not the best game in the world but I thought it was an effective bit of programming and might inspire some others to adapt it or improve on it. That was the general idea with Rhetoric.
The thing that was definitely new was Jonathan Bristow's Menu system. He wrote some programs that made the menu system. There was a program I used to enter the data and titles that came up and that bit was never on the finished disk. It was quite a nice system though I wanted to change the sounds andsometimes add more which the menu system didn't allow for.

I'd upload more disk images but my Freeuk webspace seems to be about full.
http://www.48katmos.freeuk.com/rhetdisk.htm
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Steve: If you are interested you could write me a small text about Rhetoric, plus some picture to go with it, and that could be a guest post on the Oric birthday page :)
Anecdotes and other cool things that people perhaps don't know about are always cool to share!
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

I'll see if I can knock something together. I doubt I have any pictures. We never managed to organise a meet.