Vintage Computer Festival

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
Xeron
Emulation expert

Vintage Computer Festival

Post by Xeron »

Anyone going to the Vintage Computer Festival at the National Museum of Computing? I'll probably be there.

http://www.tnmoc.org/36/section.aspx/131.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Guess a big unknown would be to know if the planes will be able to fly.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Please, please keep an eye out for microdrives and buy one if you can! I'll pay for it in full, plus a finders fee!
carlsson
Pilot Officer

Post by carlsson »

I planned to go, but none of my local friends is interested to follow. Besides the flight timetables in combination with transfers look pretty ugly so in order to get something out of it, I would have to leave on Friday afternoon, early evening making an extended weekend out of it. I suppose it still isn't too late to book flights but as it looks right now I can't bother. :(
Anders Carlsson
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

I would imagine flights will be back to normal by June 19th...
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Well, I sure hope they will, but considering the disturbance we had here in Norway, and that a volcano activity is not totally rocket science, it's hard to predict how long it will continue.
carlsson
Pilot Officer

Post by carlsson »

Haha, the ugly timetables were before the volcano. I figured if I take a morning flight (about 8 AM or so), I might make it to Bletchey at 13:30 or a little later. That is not entirely bad, although I wouldn't mind an 5 AM flight to London.
Anders Carlsson
Twilighte
Game master

Post by Twilighte »

I was sure i raised another forum tail about this one.. i did suggest at some point that it would have been so cool to organise some sort of Oric thread at the show since currently (afaik) there is none and its supposed to reflect the Great British computer afterall!!

Unfortunately due to health crap i don't have the time or energy to sort such a thing, even though i do live relatively close to Bletchley and have visited many times.

However if someone else is willing to sort something out with the organisers then i am more than willing to help out with more menial stuff prior to it. :)
carlsson
Pilot Officer

Post by carlsson »

Indeed you posted about this event before:
http://forum.defence-force.org/viewtopic.php?t=561
Anders Carlsson