WANT TO BUY: Any Oric hardware you have to sell!

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
ibisum
Wing Commander

WANT TO BUY: Any Oric hardware you have to sell!

Post by ibisum »

Hi there Defence Force'rs!,

I am a very avid Oric fanboix, started programming with my Oric-1 in 1983 and haven't stopped (coding) yet! But alas, I no longer have any Oric hardware, and my soon-to-be 2 year old son is looking for his own computer. Not content with an OLPC or an iPhone, he's now looking for some good ol' fashioned 8-bit happiness .. and I'm trying to find one for him!

So, if you've got *any* Oric hardware for sale - from Oric-1 to Atmos to Telestrat, please contact me and let me know .. Ideally I'd like to get a little Atmos+disk drive setup happening, if that is at all possible, but I'll take an Oric-1 if its still working and the price is right!

Please consider me for the future, even if you don't have any hardware for sale. I'm in Vienna, Austria, and I would dearly love to add a little Oric section to my computing room ..
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Well .. the silence is deafening!! But, not to worry, this fearless Oric fanboi has found himself: an ORIC ATMOS!!! W00t!

Looks like, by the end of the week, I will have fulfilled a goal I've had since I was 14 years old (now almost 40): upgrade from an Oric-1 to an Atmos!

Heh heh .. I can't wait. Next I need to work out what to do about a disk drive and interface or something .. seems to me we should be able to do an SD-adapter using simple technology these days .. worst case, I suppose, will involve me wiring up a cheap MP3 player and loading all the .WAV files I can find, lol ..
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Mp3 player can work, depends of the encoding format basically :)
If the DAC in the oric finds enough of the original signal, it will work without any problem.

For the disc controler cards, SD card extensions, etc... I suggest that you check this part of the forum which already contains some base material.

I for sure would be happy to replace my dying Microdisc unit by a simple and reliable SD card based floppy emulator !
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Well my next major effort will be to build the CUMANA board that Twilighte sent me, so if anyone has any advice about that, I'd love to hear it! :)