Hi Everyone!

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
Kronos
1st Star Corporal

Hi Everyone!

Post by Kronos »

I have been searching the web to find a mailing list that I used to be active in about 96-2000 (lightforce?)

after searching and searching, I found this place, which looks like is made up of Oric fans!

I have so many questions to ask, as I had been out of the Oric scene for a few years, but I am back now.

Anyhow, just wanted to say Hi from Athens Greece!
Chema
Game master

Re: Hi Everyone!

Post by Chema »

Kronos wrote:I have been searching the web to find a mailing list that I used to be active in about 96-2000 (lightforce?)

after searching and searching, I found this place, which looks like is made up of Oric fans!

I have so many questions to ask, as I had been out of the Oric scene for a few years, but I am back now.

Anyhow, just wanted to say Hi from Athens Greece!
Hi from Spain, Kronos!

Questions... that is good, as will allways bring life to the forum. Be sure there are real experts around here that can help.

Welcome (back) to the Oric scene :)
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Always nice to see new people :)

Feel welcome here, it's quite low traffic to be honnest, but it has a number of advantages compared to the mailing list, you read when you want, you can post pictures, executables etc... without fearing antivirus-spam programs to overreact :)
Kronos
1st Star Corporal

Post by Kronos »

thanks for the welcome guys!
Yes, its nice to use this type of communication (message boards).
Its just that I've lost track of many people I use to talk to (Peacer, Stephen. Steve, and all the French team behind Euphoric etc...etc...)

If anyone remembers me I used to be quite active in that list.
I had about 5 Orics.
after many years and many houses, I couldn't find them. I am sure I have them somewhere though.
I ended up buying what was supposed to be a great condition Oric-1 in ebay 10 days ago.
2 days ago, I plugged it in, and found that half the keys dont work.
no sound when clicked etc...
some you have to keep pressing to make a single letter appear, others you press, and the same letters appears like 5 times.
I wonder If that is easy to fix.
In the old days I use to openj up Oric's for fun just to see the inside of this beautiful machine.
Ahhh, the old programming days...
anyhow, If anyone can give me any hints with the keyboard, it is greately appreciated.
Also, where has everyone else gone to?
Has the community just gotten too old for Orics???????
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Kronos wrote:Its just that I've lost track of many people I use to talk to (Peacer, Stephen. Steve, and all the French team behind Euphoric etc...etc...)
I am sure they are around, at least some of them. Maybe they are on summer hollidays now :) The French team behind Euphoric, this means Fabrice, used to be, but has taken a rest... we hope not forever :)

I still receive messages from a mailing list in oric.org http://www.oric.org/ (check http://lists.oric.org/mailman/listinfo/mailing-list) mainly from André Chéramy (CEO) and also there is some activity in the comp.sys.oric newsgroup. However I still think that these boards are more useful for most tasks.
If anyone remembers me I used to be quite active in that list.
I had about 5 Orics
My memory fails me. I used to read the list, but (frankly speaking) did not participate much, until Fabrice and I developed Pinforic, and even then...
Also, where has everyone else gone to?
Has the community just gotten too old for Orics???????
:) Don't think so. The forum has low traffic (as well as the newsgroup and mailing lists) but you get your questions answered and there are some interesting developments around :twisted:

Unfortunately I can't help about the keyboard or with the PSU. I read something looong time ago about how to select the appropriate source for an Oric and how that was quite difficult, and dangerous for the machine. I also think I read? tried? one from an Spectrum and it did not work (or was it the other way round?, can't remember).

Cheers.