TV tuning

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
Steve M
Squad Leader

TV tuning

Post by Steve M »

As my monitor stopped working I got a CRT TV out and tried to let it tune itself in and find the Oric signal. But it couldn't find anything.
The manual tuning does a similar scan but you have to keep pressing a button to move the scan along.
I tried a couple of different cables but wasn't picking anything up. I can't set the tuning to 36mHz (if that's the right frequency).

Any ideas why it won't pick up the Oric signal?

It is a newish TV bought a few years before we switched to digital, so it juts has the analogue aerial socket.

I guess I need to buy one of those SCART leads but this TV should work as it is.
iss
Wing Commander

Re: TV tuning

Post by iss »

Steve, it's channel 36. For UK the band is UHF and the frequency should be something like 594 MHz.
If this not help, I'll check later on my TV with analog input.
Else no other ideas than check cables with Ohm-meter ;).
And of course RGB-SCART is the best solution.
Steve M
Squad Leader

Re: TV tuning

Post by Steve M »

Ah thanks. It just isn't picking it up. I guess the pot needs adjusting underneath but without seeing anything on screen it's hard to know where to set it. There should be something I would have thought. I'll have to try some other Atmoses.

I do have a spare monitor to test but it's connected to the old Opelco system. I can use it to test the ULAs but it'd be handy getting the TV working until I can get the Tatung monitor fixed.