Cumulus Preorder Thread

In this forum you can write about anything that does not fit in other forums.
This includes generic Oric talkings and things that are totaly unrelated but want to share with people here :)
65c02
Private

Re: Cumulus Preorder Thread

Post by 65c02 »

+1 (EDIT: DONE)
:)
Je respecte énormement tout ceux qui depuis toujours ont compris que la recherche de la puissance n'est pas le coeur de notre passion.
britelite
Private

Post by britelite »

Sign me up for one (EDIT: DONE)
jede
Flying Officer

Post by jede »

Hello,

2 for me sure, maybe 4 if it's not too expensive (EDIT: DONE)

Regards
mmu_man
Flight Lieutenant

Post by mmu_man »

I might be interested, not sure yet if I have the budget... (EDIT: DONE - With the connector question restriction)

I didn't follow the whole story, but from what I guessed the controller board has a 40 pins connector to use an IDE cable, meaning the amplibus board is required to plug into the ORIC, right? what's the pinout? Can some extra unneeded pins be cut on the connector to allow plugging directly with a 34 wire cable or is the pinout incompatible? From what I saw on the PCB in SVN (pretty ugly to put ZIP files in an SCM, kind of defeats the purpose... plus having schematics there too would be useful) the extra pins are used as well but I didn't get what for...
Replying to myself, looking at http://retromaster.files.wordpress.com/ ... eet-11.png the 40 pin connector is incompatible so it requires the ampli board of course... (but why require an other 4 wire cable anyway !? 2 GND could have been replaced by 5V...)
Last edited by mmu_man on Sat Nov 23, 2013 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pocket
Private

Post by pocket »

Hello,

Potentially 1 for me, depending of the response to the same question than mmu_man : Can it be connected directly to an Oric1 or Atmos ? If yes count me as sure :) (EDIT: DONE - With the connector question restriction)

Thanks

Regards
dolarfred
Private

Post by dolarfred »

good news,
+1 for me (EDIT: DONE)

Thanks
polluks
Pilot Officer

Post by polluks »

+1 for me :) (EDIT: DONE)
cc65 development
Oric Atmos + Cumulus
Acorn Electron
Marq
Private

Post by Marq »

Well, if it is possible to order more than 2, I'd take 3. I'm forwarding them to Finnish pals anyway, just trying to save a bit on the postage. (EDIT: DONE)
pocket
Private

Post by pocket »

Hello,

To be precise, I just need a working solution : so if the amplibus is mandatory, I am OK to buy 1 Cumulus + 1 amplibus. :)

Regards
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Pocket: Ok, for the case of mmu_man, it's because he would like to put it in a case, so the actual size/cabling/orientation matters for him. But yes I believe that what Boris is providing is the Cumulus board ready to use (you still need to provide the SD Card though)

Marq: It's not really a hard limit, but there are two objectives: 1) Avoiding the problem of people who mass order to resell later on ebay at a (large) profit [Yes that has happened], and 2) not delaying to much the production for everybody (since they are hand made, and built in order, that obvious take time).
NightBird
Officer Cadet

Post by NightBird »

Hi all,

2 for me sure, 4 if it's not too expensive! (EDIT: DONE)
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

I have received mine! (Beta, as I'm assisting with firmware development.)

I don't have time to wire them up today but I will do so as soon as possible .. and I hope to have time for a serious debugging session on the PIC code later in the week.

Let me just say this, guys: WOW! I think we're on the cusp of a whole new era of Oric development, now that we have a viable, productive and COOL storage solution. I really look forward to all of you guys getting this hardware too! :)

Having two Atmos' set up with a working sneakernet between them is going to be a fabulous way for my kids to learn how to code. ;)
PsychShaman
Private

Post by PsychShaman »

Please put me down for one, thanks! (EDIT: DONE)
Dom
Flying Officer

Post by Dom »

I would be very happy to get one of these "magic box" :D (EDIT: DONE)
peterb55
Private

Post by peterb55 »

Count me in (EDIT: DONE)