Emulation with Windows 7 64bit

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
zippy
Private

Emulation with Windows 7 64bit

Post by zippy »

Any chance of Euphoric running under Windows 7 ( 64 bit ) - tried to run it using compatibility mode - no success.

Any alternatives ?
used to active in oric community
Antiriad2097
Flying Officer

Post by Antiriad2097 »

Euphoric won't run natively much beyond Windows 98.

Run it via DOSBox and it should be fine (I've just run it on Win 7 32 bit via the OSDK and DOSBox).

You might want to consider Oriculator instead as that's a more current but slightly less comprehensive emulator.

It depends what you want to do which is the better option.
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Yep. If you want to use Euphoric you should run it under dos, either emulated with DosBox, or via virtualization (VirtualPC with something similar to DOS).

But I would recommend Oricutron in your case
http://code.google.com/p/oriculator/downloads/list
unless you want something specific.

Euphoric still emulates more hardware and more accurately (the Vsync hack, the Telestrat, the lightpen,... I think also oricutron had some issues with tapes) and is a bit more stable (but nothing that you should really notice if you just want to play or do some programming).

And runs very nicely under windows :)
Antiriad2097
Flying Officer

Post by Antiriad2097 »

Oops, used the old name.

You'd think since I went to the cinema yesterday I'd remember its now called Oricutron :oops: