Problem with breakpoints in Euphoric

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
Twilighte
Game master

Problem with breakpoints in Euphoric

Post by Twilighte »

I have (i believe) the latest build of Euphoric (V1...).
I run my app then enter debug mode.
I enter a breakpoint address and progress to it (F5).
I step through but at some point of stepping through the breakpoint address is corrupted.
I then have to enter the breakpoint address again. I think it may be when i use F3 to jump across a subroutine.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
Chema
Game master

Re: Problem with breakpoints in Euphoric

Post by Chema »

Twilighte wrote:I have (i believe) the latest build of Euphoric (V1...).
I run my app then enter debug mode.
I enter a breakpoint address and progress to it (F5).
I step through but at some point of stepping through the breakpoint address is corrupted.
I then have to enter the breakpoint address again. I think it may be when i use F3 to jump across a subroutine.

Has anyone else experienced this issue?
I am sure I did. At some time I decided to avoid setting breakpoints and started adding code like

Code: Select all

lda #0
dbug beq dbug
And even using a memory address to set to 1 or 0 depending on wheter I want the program to stop or not, and setting it inside the program (at a keypress) or from the debugger window.

Do not remember the exact issue I had with Euphoric breakpoints, though, but I think it was the same you are stating.

Cheers.