Mac emulators

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
Pengwin
Pilot Officer

Mac emulators

Post by Pengwin »

Are there any Oric emulators for the Mac (PPC or UB), besides the ones written by Richard Bannister? For some reason, I have a lot of software incompatibilities with his OSX and classic emulators.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

I guess somebody could try to write a port of Caloric :)

Alternatively, if DosBox does run on OSX, you could try running the DOS version of Euphoric :)
Pengwin
Pilot Officer

Post by Pengwin »

I tried running Euphoric under DosBox, but it is far too slow on a G5 Mac.

I would have a crack at porting Caloric, but I wouldn't know where to start.
kamelito
Flying Officer

Re: Mac emulators

Post by kamelito »

Hi,

I did compiled Oriculator on OS X.
Check : http://kamelito.ifrance.com/

Kamel
Pengwin wrote:Are there any Oric emulators for the Mac (PPC or UB), besides the ones written by Richard Bannister? For some reason, I have a lot of software incompatibilities with his OSX and classic emulators.
/kml
skype pseudo : kamelitoloveless
highwayman
Flying Officer

Post by highwayman »

make sure you have all the SDL lib's installed,

and maybe try SDLmess
kamelito
Flying Officer

Post by kamelito »

hi the requirements are written in the download page
kml
highwayman wrote:make sure you have all the SDL lib's installed,

and maybe try SDLmess
/kml
Xeron
Emulation expert

Re: Mac emulators

Post by Xeron »

kamelito wrote:Hi,

I did compiled Oriculator on OS X.
Check : http://kamelito.ifrance.com/
Would you consider doing official OS X ports to feature on the oricutron page? I can give you commit access, and you'd be able to add downloads yourself. Also, you'd get full credits, of course.
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

I can also be responsible for OSX builds of Oricutron if its needed .. FWIW, I'm building it for GPHWIZ and AI Touchbook with every update, and I'd be happy to add OSX to the list if it would help.
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

Well, I don't mind who does it, but it would be cool ;-)

If you start adding your builds to the oricutron downloads, i'll add an about box in the next version to give you your credit (and in the meantime credit you on the main oricutron page).
kamelito
Flying Officer

Post by kamelito »

I don't mind who does it either, you can do it Ibisum.
Do you plan to also add specifics features natively like the file requester?
kml

PS do you've a build for the GP2X I have one of those.

ibisum wrote:I can also be responsible for OSX builds of Oricutron if its needed .. FWIW, I'm building it for GPHWIZ and AI Touchbook with every update, and I'd be happy to add OSX to the list if it would help.
/kml
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

I think it would be great to add OSX as a build target and just bundle the .app up automatically .. so I'll see about doing a little Makefile work on that soon ..

I'm tracking the (impressive) frequent updates to oricutron through SVN almost every day, and so I would like to contribute - adding a native file selector for OSX should be do'able, at least with Carbon or so, and I'll have a look at that ..

GP2X version? I've got one too but its not getting much use what with the other devices in my house, but I'll dig out the toolchain and see if I can add a build target for it easily enough .. then I'll produce a set of working binaries for each platform for download.
kamelito
Flying Officer

Post by kamelito »

Great
I suppose tha waiting for the Pandora was too much :)
kml

ibisum wrote:I think it would be great to add OSX as a build target and just bundle the .app up automatically .. so I'll see about doing a little Makefile work on that soon ..

I'm tracking the (impressive) frequent updates to oricutron through SVN almost every day, and so I would like to contribute - adding a native file selector for OSX should be do'able, at least with Carbon or so, and I'll have a look at that ..

GP2X version? I've got one too but its not getting much use what with the other devices in my house, but I'll dig out the toolchain and see if I can add a build target for it easily enough .. then I'll produce a set of working binaries for each platform for download.
/kml
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Yeah, I got a Touchbook and a WIZ just to keep me happy with development targets until the Pandora arrived .. any day now .. any day .. ;)

Can't wait to have an Atmos on the Pandora, that is going to seriously kick butt!