Consolatoric - oric in the console

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
acid_head
Private

Consolatoric - oric in the console

Post by acid_head »

Hello,

Just wanted to let you know about this JFF (just for fun) Oric emulator that runs in the console:
http://consolatoric.googlecode.com
Testing and development is done under Linux and Windows (mostly linux), but it should work without problems under other operating systems. The hardware emulation is based on xeuphoric (I guess all of you here know what that means), display and keyboard are simulated using curses (pdcurses in win, ncurses in linux). No ULA is simulated, as the scree is read directly from #BB80 and drawn character by character (not line by line). HIRES does not work as a consequence. Sound is not emulated yet.
A nice side effect is that you can copy paste from/to the emulator. Just try that with the colors.bas text file included in the zip.

Let me know what you think, it's a work in progress...
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

The concept is intriguing, but it can probably be used for something :)
Do you think it would be possible to run it in more than 40x28 ?
acid_head
Private

Post by acid_head »

Sure, you just need to set up the console to the desired number of lines and columns (you can do this with the windows console too). In fact I use this to print different debuging information while I work on it. When debuging the screen printing part, I also print the direct memory contents (decimal value of each byte) of the text screen, for example.

Here is what I mean: