Linux (Ubuntu,...) & Euphoric

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
noch
Private

Post by noch »

I remember there was native versions of Euphoric for Linux.
They worked in plain console and svgalib, and I was using Euphoric for Linux with a 486 pc and a b/w monitor. It even had a special option for b/w monitor, -m (monochrome).
That 486 was hardly able to play mp3's and I have managed to play mp3's only with mpg123 optimized for 486. Oric programs were running perfectly!

In console!
As far as I remember that version was not working with more modern Linux versions, probably because of changes in svgalib. I was using RedHat 6.2 or 7.0, do not remember exactly.
And I think if sources are still there it would have sense to make it work with modern svgalib or find which is a problem now.

And yes, there is also xeuphoric, though it has some strange sound problems

Besides, if there are sources available I can try to convert all x86 asm to C, so it will become crossplatform application! I suppose (or hope) most code it is not written in asm :)
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Then it's probably a better idea to participate to the "Caloric" development.
Euphoric has been improved quite a lot in the few last years, a number of emulation bugs have been solved, features have been added (physical tape emulation, debugger, sound dump, ...) so it's better to work on this more recent code base.
maximus
Flying Officer

Post by maximus »

:D If you are a newbie you can test Euphoric in Linux, OGC prepare a tutorial, useless for pros !

if someone want to contribute to improve the tuto, you are welcome

it's Open Now :wink: