New Atmos emulator for Windows ;)

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
waskol
Flight Lieutenant

New Atmos emulator for Windows ;)

Post by waskol »

It's here :
Oric games forum

It's just a beginning, that's why it is VERY limited :lol:

I jus ask you to replace the rom I provide in the zip file (link in the discussion) by the a copy of one you can find with euphoric (because I recovered it with my sources from my old hard drive that crashed 6 month ago).

@Torlus and @Dbug : You were right, if my emulator do not go further than boot, that's because of the IRQ that is not handled properly.
In one loop of the 6502A, when the timers of the VIA are updated, the irq is set on as it should be but it is immediatly set off (ans that should not :lol: ).

Well, for my first experiment in emulation, I am rather happy...
May be we could expect something native for XP or Vista, who knows ? :wink:

For information, it is written in Delphi.

Sorry if, on the forum, I wrote in french.
mmu_man
Flight Lieutenant

Post by mmu_man »

Oh nooo, not again!
There are way enough oric emulators. Way too many to maintain.
I won't even talk about delphi... :°)
I would happily give you help to get Caloric ported to windows, but please no, not one more, it's the other way we need to go, factor out all emulators into a single one, even with different guis, that is maintainable by several ppl!
waskol
Flight Lieutenant

Post by waskol »

mmu_man wrote:Oh nooo, not again!
There are way enough oric emulators. Way too many to maintain.
I won't even talk about delphi... :°)
I would happily give you help to get Caloric ported to windows, but please no, not one more, it's the other way we need to go, factor out all emulators into a single one, even with different guis, that is maintainable by several ppl!
It's not my fault if I had started it's development long time ago before the first line of code of Caloric ! :lol:
It was just burried in the tracks and sectors of my old crashed hard drive !

I finally found a mean to recover what I could : live me that pleasure :lol:
waskol
Flight Lieutenant

Post by waskol »

I would like to had that, if i do something that works pretty well in Delphi, I already have an admirator ( 8) :lol:) on www.Oricgames.com in order to port it for.... Nintendo DS :lol:
His pseudo is Christian :P

WHen I saw all those projects coming out such like the Oric on NES, your excellent Caloric, Oric on a chip, and so forth... It was too hard for me to leave my project where it was and unfinished... :wink:
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Nice one !
That would be nice to have an option to have "standard sizes" for the window resizing, respecting Oric's 240*224 pixels, or the double, and so on. A kind of resizing step !