Oricutron and illegal opcode 80

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
iss
Wing Commander

Re: Oricutron and illegal opcode 80

Post by iss »

@Vyper68: Thanks for the pictures - really nice exemplar :).
IMO this was originally Oric-1 with 16K RAM later upgraded to 64K - on the bottom side of PCB it's clear visible solder work to replace DRAMs with sockets. But CPU looks very clean and for me it's very plausible that it was on socket from factory.
NekoNoNiaow
Flight Lieutenant

Post by NekoNoNiaow »

ibisum wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:03 pm Apropos Oricutron builds - I'd be happy to assume package maintainer/release duties for Oricutron on MacOS.
Then this forum is not the place to start. ;)
Please contact Pete Gordon on GitHub.
iss
Wing Commander

Post by iss »

Dbug wrote: Fri May 10, 2019 7:37 pmI really, really, really want the people working on Oricutron to come up with a scheme for version number and change list.
Having a scheme for versioning will be very good and useful for all!

'till then for my developer builds you can check the hash from github and Oricutron main window and 'About':
oricutron-ver.png
... and this is the latest version on my site 2019-05-14!
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Version numbers and build version can be related, but when you have multiple platforms, multiple ports, multiple people making the versions, it makes it hard to compare.

Basically with an actual version number you can compare across versions, and they "Well, the support for 65C816/Exos/Illegal Opcodes/..." require version 1.5 or later, without having to know if the person is running an Android, Mac, Windows or Linux build, and if it was made by ISS, Jede or Xeron :)
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Vyper68 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 12:50 pm The BugFixed Atmos .tap and .wav files work with this Atmos both the standard and Novalight versions are fine now. So thanks to Symoon for doing that for me. :D
You're welcome, glad it works! Thanks for the feedback.
Fascinating concentration of little sotires here: bug on an original game, hidden by luck, illegal opcodes, bug in an emulator, and an extra rare real Oric affected by the bug... All this discovered and solved within a few days by the Oric Force Team ;)
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Indeed this one was fun to watch :D
Congratulations!