We know you're busy Fabrice but we wanna Atmosphere :)

Comments, problems, suggestions about Oric emulators (Euphoric, Mess, Amoric, etc...) it's the right place to ask. And don't hesitate to give your tips and tricks that help using these emulations in the best possible way on your favorite operating system.
kamelito
Flying Officer

Post by kamelito »

Hi Fabrice,

Well nothing urgent its just a friendly reminder so you don't forget us ;)

Regards
Kamel
/kml
skype pseudo : kamelitoloveless
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Well, the Java version is über cool too.

This Java version is particularly interesting when you want to show Oric stuff to people that does not want to install an emulator. It's direct 'click and watch' stuff.

I would be very happy to have Java enabled versions of the demos on Defence Force, and then I could link Pouet.net threads directly to pages where people can watch demos directly. Would make the need of having a video version totaly pointless :)

Of course it needs sound and disk emulation :D

But I agree, a normal modern emulator working on recent machines and OS is cool for developing.
Euphoric
Game master

Post by Euphoric »

I would be very happy to have Java enabled versions of the demos on Defence Force, and then I could link Pouet.net threads directly to pages where people can watch demos directly. Would make the need of having a video version totaly pointless

Of course it needs sound and disk emulation
You have my permission to install the Java applet on the Defence Force site...

The sound is not perfect yet, that's why it's disabled on the current applet. I can have a rather good sound when using a large audio buffer, but then there's a big latency between what's happening in the emulator and the sound you get (much later)...

Anyway, I don't have the time to do anything Oric-related at the moment, this new year has started in a very hectic way... :-(
carlsson
Pilot Officer

Post by carlsson »

I've observed a difference in sound output from other Java applications depending on whether I'm using MSIE internal or Sun's 3rd party runtime environment. At least on one page I visit sometimes, Sun's JRE lags a lot with broken sound, but Microsoft's one is much smoother.