Oric @DemoSplash party

Want to discuss about Demos on the Oric, here you are !
Dbug
Site Admin

Oric @DemoSplash party

Post by Dbug »

This weekend there was a demo party at the Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh, USA.
http://www.demosplash.org

Demo parties in the USA are not that common, but that one pushed the things farther than many, they did not manage to have real oldskool machines and show demos on them, including a real Atmos with a Cumulus.

You can see the presentation of the Oric computers on the video from the stream at https://scenesat.com/video/13 (starts a 1:30)
ibisum
Wing Commander

Re: Oric @DemoSplash party

Post by ibisum »

Is it just me or is it totally weird to hear Americans talking about the Oric .. ;)
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

It is indeed ;) A few little historic mistakes, but still a good thing. And I suppose having your demo played on such a huge screen overseas must be a pleasant experience ;)
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

And I suppose having your demo played on such a huge screen overseas must be a pleasant experience
It mostly made me think that maybe I should spend a few hours here and there to see if I can't get this damn fractal and end scroller to be faster, because they are painfully slowwwwwww.
NekoNoNiaow
Flight Lieutenant

Post by NekoNoNiaow »

I was aware of DemoSplash since a few people I follow on podcasts and Twitter have been mentioning it in the past few weeks but have not had a chance yet to look at the videos.
It is really nice that they talked about the Oric and I will definitely have a look.

In passing, I might actually go next year, Pittsburg is actually not too far from Montreal (in North American terms! :D)
But more importantly, my effect(s) will certainly be ready by that time so I could have something to present, which would be even cooler.

Any other candidates willing to participate? ;)