Ultra & Hellion

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
greenslider
Private

Ultra & Hellion

Post by greenslider »

Anyone any ideas on how to get te fire buttonin ultra to work or indeed to get Hellion to load. Found a useable version of the hobbit on a French site as the Oric site file is damaged
dave3622
Flying Officer

Re: Ultra & Hellion

Post by dave3622 »

'The Hellion' and 'The Hobbit' both work fine from 'Oric.Org'. You just need to make sure that the Oricutron emulator is set to Oric-1 mode and not Atmos. I have just checked them and both loaded with no issues.

For 'The Ultra', there is a bug in the current release of Oricutron which prevents the '\' key from working, therefore this game is currently not playable. If you really want to play it you will need to use the 'Euphoric' emulator and download 'DOS box' to run the emulator from.

Hope this helps.
greenslider
Private

Post by greenslider »

Hi and thank you!...I already have euphoric downloaded but it wouldnt kick in and complained anout rom10 not being there.....so once I download dosbox..finally got euphoric up and running on vista.Seems to have minor issues with some keys..thinks Q is A and a few other idiosyncrasies ..ultra doesnt have a fire button here either though. Hellioin and hobbit did as you predicted..great to see that game again..have memories of getting killed quite a few times whilst thorin sang about gold :
polluks
Pilot Officer

Post by polluks »

dave3622 wrote:For 'The Ultra', there is a bug in the current release of Oricutron which prevents the '\' key from working, therefore this game is currently not playable.
I have fixed the bug, you may try the work-in-progress version in the repository.
cc65 development
Oric Atmos + Cumulus
Acorn Electron