Football Manager

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
dave3622
Flying Officer

Football Manager

Post by dave3622 »

Just found this game listed for sale on eBay. I think a starting price of £99.99 is probably a little over-optimistic considering the poor condition it's in :lol:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Football-Mana ... 4d036c24aa
Dbug
Site Admin

Re: Football Manager

Post by Dbug »

Well, who knows; if it's really *that* rare :D
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

And here's another incredible listing. I used to have this book a few years ago and sold it for a couple of quid. Has the world gone mad? :shock:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Easy-Programm ... 20b9863e38
kenneth
Squad Leader

Post by kenneth »

I have an old student book of logic for .. bulbs-made computers ! :mrgreen:
I could sell it at a good price... :lol:
polluks
Pilot Officer

Post by polluks »

dave3622 wrote:And here's another incredible listing. I used to have this book a few years ago and sold it for a couple of quid. Has the world gone mad? :shock:
Let's see if anyone will buy it :wink:
cc65 development
Oric Atmos + Cumulus
Acorn Electron
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

The game has been re-listed for £14.99 which seems a little more realistic.

Another game 'Rescue' By CRL is currently at £35 with five days to go. Now I know this is quite a rare game but it is apparent that the recession isn't affecting everyone!! I have the TAP file for it if anyone is interested :)
Shaun_B
2nd Star Corporal

Post by Shaun_B »

Hello all,

It's been a while, so I thought that I'd pop by.

I thought about writing a Footy-type game for the Oric for a bit of fun, but I have a few projects to work through first. Anyway, if I get anything started, I'll be back here for help and advice.

Cheers,

Shaun.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Shaun_B wrote:Hello all,

It's been a while, so I thought that I'd pop by.

I thought about writing a Footy-type game for the Oric for a bit of fun, but I have a few projects to work through first. Anyway, if I get anything started, I'll be back here for help and advice.

Cheers,

Shaun.
No problem, whenever you want :)
The important thing on the Oric is to have a reasonably clear idea of what one want to achieve and try to see the best fit considering the way the Oric works. Often things are doable but require some alternate mind set compared to what one would have done on other machines :)
barnsey123
Flight Lieutenant

Post by barnsey123 »

...but require some alternate mind set compared to what one would have done on other machines
Ain't THAT the truth! :)

idea for ShaunB: Skool Footy. 5-a-side set in a playground (jumpers for goalposts etc). Pick your squad from the usual rogues gallery of players (think Bash Street Kids) - tall kids, fat kids, bullies, nerds etc - all players have their own different qualities (and only a very few are any good at all). Different ball types to add variety (tin can, childs ball, basketball, tennis ball and big thumping caser!) Different players have different skills with each ball type providing some variety. A ball may change mid-game if confiscated by a teacher (e.g. in a smashed window situation) again affecting dynamics and upsetting team choice. Fights may reduce a players ability or even incapacitate him entirely so choose your subs wisely...OK, it ain't FIFA but what the hell... :)
Shaun_B
2nd Star Corporal

Post by Shaun_B »

barnsey123 wrote:
...but require some alternate mind set compared to what one would have done on other machines
Ain't THAT the truth! :)

idea for ShaunB: Skool Footy. 5-a-side set in a playground (jumpers for goalposts etc). Pick your squad from the usual rogues gallery of players (think Bash Street Kids) - tall kids, fat kids, bullies, nerds etc - all players have their own different qualities (and only a very few are any good at all). Different ball types to add variety (tin can, childs ball, basketball, tennis ball and big thumping caser!) Different players have different skills with each ball type providing some variety. A ball may change mid-game if confiscated by a teacher (e.g. in a smashed window situation) again affecting dynamics and upsetting team choice. Fights may reduce a players ability or even incapacitate him entirely so choose your subs wisely...OK, it ain't FIFA but what the hell... :)
You read my mind there... more or less.

Regards,

Shaun.
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

There's Soccer Manager from Kinghtsoft - now that is rare.
Football from Alistair Way (arcade game!)and The Boss from Peaksoft and Champions too. League Champions from FGC and League Soccer from Mirage.

Quite a few really.
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Post by peacer »

Thanks god Oric is well known in Europe, not USA.

So name of the games are "football", not soccer :)
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

They seem to hate the name 'soccer' here in England and some think it comes from America, but in fact it is an English name deriving from 'Football Association'. It was something really of my father's generation, rather than mine, but I do remember a 'comic' called Soccer in the seventies. http://www.soccerbilia.co.uk/acatalog/S ... _1978.html
You'll see a few mentions of soccer there.