Gamebase Oric V0.6

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
highwayman
Flying Officer

Re: Gamebase Oric V0.6

Post by highwayman »

if your going to use a pc,
just scan and OCR the listing! :D
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

Version 0.8 is now available on Underground Gamer. This release has 636 entries and is getting closer to completion. Other than some elusive commercial games that I cannot source, there are only type-in games from books and magazines left to add, along with some appallingly bad PD software that I have so far been reluctant to add (and cassette 50!). I would hazard a guess the final release will have approx 1000 games.

Some of the commercial games that seem to be unavailable are:-

Orical Invaders
Quark 3D Invaders
Death Satellite
The Brian Howarth Adventures that are not available on Oric.Org (some were made available on Rhetoric disks)

If anyone knows where TAPS or DSKS for these games can be obtained, please PM me, I would love this Gamebase to be as complete as possible. :)
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

Sorry I haven't found time to have a look at the issues you've added to the Oricutron bugtracker, but i've just not had the time.

I do intend to look at them at some point, and as long as they are logged, they won't be forgotten.
Xeron
Emulation expert

Post by Xeron »

(of course, anyone else wanting to tackle them is welcome to have a bash... patches for Oricutron are (or would be if anyone ever sent any ;)) greatfully received.
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

Thanks Xeron, that's great to know!
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

highwayman wrote:if your going to use a pc,
just scan and OCR the listing! :D
Thanks, I'll try that with the listings I have in books. I doubt it will work with the listings obtained online, some of the magazine scans are of questionable quality and I struggle to read some of the lines. I have about 5 games partly entered from 'Your Computer' magazine alone that I can't complete due to bad scanning. Thanks for the suggestion though, I'll try it out on my 'Sixty Programs for the Oric-1' book.
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

V0.9 is now available at UG. This release has 775 entries and 742 playable games.
polluks
Pilot Officer

Post by polluks »

dave3622 wrote:I'm making good progress with this gamebase but I am having difficulties with the type-in games due to a possible bug in 'Oricutron'. It seems many games require the '\' or '|' characters but I am unable to type these in using 'Oricutron'. I have tried using Euphoric on my 'retro' PC and can type these characters ok so suspect it's a bug. I raised an issue on the Oriculator site 2 weeks ago but have had no response so just wondered if anyone has any solution how to type these characters with the current version, '\' being the main culprit. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)
Sorry, no workaround. Will be fixed in the next release...
cc65 development
Oric Atmos + Cumulus
Acorn Electron