The Hobbit on Oricutron

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
Xeron
Emulation expert

The Hobbit on Oricutron

Post by Xeron »

I was googling Oricutron, and I came upon a thread on a spanish forum (retrowiki.es) where they were dicussing The Hobbit, and it was mentioned that it doesn't work in Oricutron (TAPE ERROR).

I couldn't register on the forum (and I don't speak spanish, but google translate helped), but if someone here is on the retrowiki.es forum, could you mention that The Hobbit works fine on Oricutron, but its loader doesn't like turbo tape. Just turn off turbotape before loading the game (use F6 to speed up the loading instead).
Chema
Game master

Re: The Hobbit on Oricutron

Post by Chema »

I think Slicebit is a member (rings a bell), so he might help.

Now that I think about it I should register too... I am spanish and it is a retro forum where they speak about the Oric! :shock:
Silicebit.
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Silicebit. »

Xeron wrote:I was googling Oricutron, and I came upon a thread on a spanish forum (retrowiki.es) where they were dicussing The Hobbit, and it was mentioned that it doesn't work in Oricutron (TAPE ERROR).

I couldn't register on the forum (and I don't speak spanish, but google translate helped), but if someone here is on the retrowiki.es forum, could you mention that The Hobbit works fine on Oricutron, but its loader doesn't like turbo tape. Just turn off turbotape before loading the game (use F6 to speed up the loading instead).
Hi Xeron!

I was suspecting something about this (the loader), but I was not sure. Thanks for the advice Xeron! I informed to forum already.

Some people in forum "speak" english and we will be proud to have you between ourselves. :)
Oric user since 1984. YouTube
Silicebit.
Flight Lieutenant

Post by Silicebit. »

Chema wrote:I think Slicebit is a member (rings a bell), so he might help.

Now that I think about it I should register too... I am spanish and it is a retro forum where they speak about the Oric! :shock:
What! I'm hearing ring a bell.:D

I say the same to you Chema, we will be proud to have you between ourselves.
Oric user since 1984. YouTube