Atari 7800 games source code

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
Dbug
Site Admin

Atari 7800 games source code

Post by Dbug »

Source code for some old Atari 7800 games have been "released" (or more accurately 'leaked'):
- Robotron 2084
- Xevious
- Dig Dug
- Centipede
- Joust
- Ms. Pac Man
- Commando
- Crossbow
- Food Fight
- Galaga
- Hat Trick
- Sphinx/Nile Flyer/Desert Falcon
- Super Stunt Cycle/Motopsycho

You can download them here:
http://www.programmerfish.com/source-co ... s-released

I'm pretty sure some could be ported to the Oric, after all it is also a 6502 based machine - with additional hardware - :)
carlsson
Pilot Officer

Post by carlsson »

For that matter, you could use one of the more advanced 6502 disassemblers to obtain mis-aligned source code of any program you like. It may turn out to be as much work to port a disassembled game as working with some kind of source code for an alien system.

BTW, a lot of the MiniGame compo entries are available with documented source code. If anyone wants to get source code from a C64 / VIC / Atari etc and port it to the Oric, you would have a decent selection without going past the 7800. How about an Oric version of Minima or Splatform? Robin H would probably be able to explain some things if you get stuck.
Anders Carlsson
highwayman
Flying Officer

Post by highwayman »

i hate to piss on your plan, but wasnt the 7800 a console version of the 400?

dousnt that have antic, tia and other evil hardware for sprites & layers?
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

highwayman wrote:i hate to piss on your plan, but wasnt the 7800 a console version of the 400?

dousnt that have antic, tia and other evil hardware for sprites & layers?
Sure, but the thing is, coding sprites or scroll routines is a lot easier than writing good game logic loops :)

Given enough time, almost anyone could manage to achieve some decently good display routines. Writing good game code is way more difficult !