GoSub

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
Chris
2nd Star Corporal

GoSub

Post by Chris »

Since most of you don't go to the AtariAge forums (do you?), I've been working on a game called GoSub in which you guide a sub through a maze to treasure. Well, I'm porting it to the Oric, and my plan is to make it look like 4KQIX since I'm a beginner (and too lazy to draw using BASIC). The submarine is a = and the treasure is X. Here's a couple screens so far:Image Image
Pengwin
Pilot Officer

Post by Pengwin »

Hi Chris, do you have a link to the Atari version or any threads in AA I could look at?
Chris
2nd Star Corporal

Post by Chris »

Since you're in PAL territory, there's a link to the PAL version of the rom here:
http://www.atariage.com/forums/index.ph ... try1310685
post #282 contains a PAL version.
It was about to be shown at the Midwest Gaming Classic, but Albert discovered a few flaws that we hope to get fixed. If you have time, start from page 1 and you'll see most of the evolution of the game.
Pengwin
Pilot Officer

Post by Pengwin »

I've just had a quick play of GoSub, cool game.

I think you're right to use the Oric's built in Ping sound effect...perfect for sonar :)

Also, the suggestion I made in the other thread about using KEY$ instead of GET would allow the game to function as the Atari version.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

You can easily create graphics by using reconfigurable characters, in the last OSDK version, the version of PictConv can output a picture in the form of BASIC lines of DATA.

So if you create your graphics as let's say a vertical band of 6x8 pixels characters, it will create a file with lines of DATA you can directly READ and POKE in the redefinable characters area (#B400+ASCIICODE*8)