Game Ideas: The Lost Room

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
Twilighte
Game master

Game Ideas: The Lost Room

Post by Twilighte »

Just watched the only 6 episodes of "Lost Room". Very cool series and would make a fantastic Oric game.
The story surrounds a key for a motel room that doesn't exist. However the key can be used in any door to access the room. From the inside the door will take you to any door in the world. Since 1961 Objects within the room have gradually spread accross America. Each object has a different effect. Objects are things like the comb (freezes time), the bus ticket (takes you to route 69 in Gallup, new mexico), etc. Their are around 100 objects. Objects may be combined to give even more weird results, like the watch and the knife give the person telepathy, etc.
In an Oric game scenario i'd envisage the new Isometric Engine being used, with settings in the room, and in the various scenes cut from the episodes.
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Never heard of, I guess you refer to that http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Lost_Room.

Sounds like an intriguing idea, but sure can do an interesting game, would probably need lot's of text based/dialogs explanations to explain what happens when using an object, where you are, what you can do, etc...

Perhaps a complet full page inventory page to manipulate and combine objects ?
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Re: Game Ideas: The Lost Room

Post by coco.oric »

Seems to be a good idea 8)
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
barnsey123
Flight Lieutenant

Post by barnsey123 »

Godzil wrote:Wikcky is somewhat a bot (copy/paste of the end part of Twi's post)
There seems to be a lot of this going on here. Does anyone know WHY these bot's exist? I mean...what's the point?
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

barnsey123 wrote:
Godzil wrote:Wikcky is somewhat a bot (copy/paste of the end part of Twi's post)
There seems to be a lot of this going on here. Does anyone know WHY these bot's exist? I mean...what's the point?
Testing the registration before major spamming on the forum..
waskol
Flight Lieutenant

Post by waskol »

One simple game that made me think a little bit to Dr Genius Manor and your project is "Dr.Stanley's House 1" that can be find on android platform. An Oric port could be rather interesting.
Try it
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Post by peacer »

Thanks to that bot, I learned that beloved Twilighte is also fan of Lost room ..

I also like that mini-series so much.

It was named after the big "Lost" series The original name was planned to be "The Motel Man" but they changed it to "Lost room" just to call attention of fan of "Lost" even there was no relaiton between those series.

I was also interested in Lost room just because of "Lost" . But I liked Lost room also so much later.

Even it was just a series of 3 episodes (or divided into 6 episodes with each long episode is divided into two ) it could be prolonged for years as the materials and the idea is so rich to cover many seasons..

As jonathan described, It was related with a "haunted" motel room where you can travel to and from that room to any place with a door having a key. The objects related to that room was scattered to the world and gives super talents to their owners.

Maybe we can work on it to create an Oric game as Twilighte described..
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

Ho I rememberer this show, it was quite interesting