Flash games which could be done on the Oric

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
Dbug
Site Admin

Flash games which could be done on the Oric

Post by Dbug »

Regularly people at work send me links on some very addictive flash games, and some can definitively be done on the Oric.

I think this one could be done:
http://www.handdrawngames.com/DesktopTD

Anyone else has games doable ?
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

This game is terrific ! It took me 3 hours of sleep ;-)
Not sure this could be easily done on the oric though, for 2 reasons:
1- the use of mouse (and being fast at it to place some towers) seems very important. How could one reproduce this on the Oric ?
2- the amount of (different) ennemies when you call for the next wave(s). Graphically, I'm afraid it would be a real mess on 240*200 graphics.

Now, that's the challenge ;-)
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

Well, I'm not sure the mouse is very necessary.

Technically the towers can be placed only on a kind of grid pattern, so it's perfectly possible to do something like using the arrows key to move a blinking cursor shape, using SHIFT and CONTROL to move faster, either by moving by more than one position at a time, or by moving to the next occupied cell in the direction (if you want to upgrade).

And the mouse is not necessary to select the tower type you want to build, all what is needed is to use number keys to fast select the type of tower you want to build, plus perhaps "0" to erase :)

Concerning the number of ennemies, I'm not sure they actually need to be recognizable at all. Just ORing or XORing them on top of others should be enough. Same for projectiles.

If done in HIRES, it's possible to draw the towers as video inverted graphics, so this way it's possible to distinguish towers from foes.