Blake's 7 feedback and review thread

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
Chema
Game master

Re: Blake's 7 feedback and review thread

Post by Chema »

One thing I've got a new version with the PickUp bug corrected.

Would you like me to post it for download or do you prefer me to wait until more bugs appear and are killed?
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

Perhaps wait and see if anything else turns up.

I found where to use the cans and used them twice so it got rid of them both. I'd also managed to pick up pliers again so had two, but that corrected itself when in a new place.

I'm now on a planet !

:)
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Steve M wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:22 pm Perhaps wait and see if anything else turns up.

I found where to use the cans and used them twice so it got rid of them both. I'd also managed to pick up pliers again so had two, but that corrected itself when in a new place.

I'm now on a planet !

:)
I agree. Better wait. You found a smart way of getting rid of the two cans :D

It is incredible how something that went totally undetected by at least 5 play testers and me (who played all the game through several times), can come up so often to players once the game is released.

I hope you are enjoying the game, the puzzles, the dialogues, the graphics and animations, and the story.
jede
Flying Officer

Post by jede »

Better on the real hardware ? :)
IMG_20171024_215725_small.jpg
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Thanks Jede! That is a Telestrat with an HxC?
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Finally, found some coffee and played at finding coffee :lol:
Finished Episode 1, I'm saving Episode 2 for another spare moment !

Very nice work indeed, the rooms and cut scenes really have a brilliant design. As well as the private jokes about (4K I guess) Kong and Chema's 1337... The service room reminded me of Zak MacKracken's Aliens secret room BTW.
IMG_8510_Chema.jpg
PS: didn't find if the controls/valve in the service room actually have an effect beside changing the control screen red/blue colour?
PS2: the picture is from my small computer, on my bed where I usually fall asleep while writing mails ;)
jede
Flying Officer

Post by jede »

Chema wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 9:26 pm Thanks Jede! That is a Telestrat with an HxC?
Yes but i started the game from Orix with bootfd tool.

It reads the game from HxC :)
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Thanks for the pic Symoon! See? It is not that difficult :)

I really think you'll enjoy the next episodes more. More fun situations and dialogues, more story and more characters...

Tanks for playing!
peacer
Flight Lieutenant

Post by peacer »

Chema wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 6:35 pm One thing I've got a new version with the PickUp bug corrected.

Would you like me to post it for download or do you prefer me to wait until more bugs appear and are killed?
May I propose something? It is not a bug but an idea..

Can we change Number Shortcuts for commands to qwe, asd, zxc respectively like this?
Give (Q) Pick up (W) Use (E)
Open (A) Look at (S) Push (D)
Close (Z) Talk to (X) Pull (C)
Maybe at this stage, that kind of change is not easy. But to my opinion while right hand is moving cursor, left hand can choose command easier by these shortcuts. Perhaps this can be added in redefine keys menu instead..

Just an idea..
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

Chema wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 7:27 pm It is incredible how something that went totally undetected by at least 5 play testers and me (who played all the game through several times), can come up so often to players once the game is released.

I hope you are enjoying the game, the puzzles, the dialogues, the graphics and animations, and the story.
Let me test the next one ;) I do all kinds of dumb things trying to figure out the puzzles.

Definitely enjoying the game. I'm into Episode 3 !!!
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Chema wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2017 10:10 pm Thanks for the pic Symoon! See? It is not that difficult :)
I realise I may not have have been very clear: I wasn't falling asleep because of the game, I was falling asleep before I got any chance to run it ;)
Real life is taking over!
ibisum
Wing Commander

Post by ibisum »

Love this game, and enjoying all the screenshots - keep them coming!
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Symoon wrote: Wed Oct 25, 2017 4:25 am I realise I may not have have been very clear: I wasn't falling asleep because of the game, I was falling asleep before I got any chance to run it
He he, no. I was saying that to those being stuck, not you :)
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

Yet another bug.

The bad: In Episode 3, there is a room called "Common Room" where, among other things, there is a book. Steve reported that Looking At this book crashes the game.
The ugly: You need to restart from the last saved point. There is no way you can perform the action without crashing the game. And, yes, the answer given to you when you look at it will be missing.
The good: You don't have to Look At it to finish the game at all. You can Use, Open or Prick Up it with no problem. Simply don't Look At it. Ever.

Thanks to Steve for spotting this one!

The bug has been located and dealt with appropriately. Version 1.1 will be clean of this nasty little thing. :twisted:
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

Got a bit stuck again. Alone on the spaceship.
I've put the relay in place and have the transmitter but still can't figure out how to operate the teleporter.

*EDIT* People, use the font size to make things tiny, think of other players, thanks
Attachments
DSC_2674b.JPG