Run the Gauntlet

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
dave3622
Flying Officer

Run the Gauntlet

Post by dave3622 »

I've always wondered about the entry on oric.org regarding a mysterious game called 'The Gauntlet' by PSS. I used to own all the PSS games and was baffled by
this entry, but finally I have discovered something that gives closure on it's non-existence!! I wonder if there's an incomplete version still out there?

http://www.gremlinarchive.com/index.php ... oric-game/
Chema
Game master

Re: Run the Gauntlet

Post by Chema »

I didn't knew about this game. Nice finding! Thanks for the information!
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Nice finding indeed.
This rises other curiosity questions: why wasn't it released? Is there anything left from it or was it dropped in early stages of programing?
;)
dave3622
Flying Officer

Post by dave3622 »

The info provided suggests the game was 'developed' but not released due to Anthony moving over to Micro Projects who programmed some quality C64 software; Thing on a Spring, Monty on the Run etc. I would love to know if 'developed' means actually completed or just a concept. Magazine adverts aren't cheap so I suspect there was definitely a work in progress there. We need somebody like Frank Gasking on board for this (C64 missing game hunter extraordinaire!!).

Does anyone have Anthony Clarke's email address I wonder... ;)