List of games from 90's and 00's

Want to talks about games you like, would like to see developed on the Oric, it's here.
Symoon
Archivist

List of games from 90's and 00's

Post by Symoon »

Hi, is there a complete list of Oric games that were released after the commercial death of Oric?

I have the feeling time flies and we may be losing some of them.
Just start from 2000 for instance, there's been loads of demos (100% demos or demos of unreleased games), games (from all countries), minigames, tools, games patches...
The idea is to have significant programs, even if not achieved (demos, but not in-the-works bits).
Oric.org is trying to keep them but the list is far from complete.

I'll start with mine, do you guys think it would be interesting if we all did this?

Year - title - language - available ? - comment
1996 - Ex-SIP - Fr - on Oric.org - Re-worked in 2007 for full compatibility with ROM 1.0/1.1 and Sedoric
2002 - Sedoric Directories demo - Fr/UK - on Oric.org - first example of demo of directories for Sedoric. Re-worked in 2004 to show the directories with DIR. Creating a directory hangs on real Orics.
2003 - The Gigabonux - UK - on Oric.org - for the minigame compo. There's another version in French with high-score tables but for emulators only, should be reworked.
2004 - Sample guitar demo - UK - on a CEO disk? - with Twilighte, but bad sample editing from me!
2005 - Savedisk - UK - on a CEO disk? - part of an Oric/PC tool to build .DSK files from a Sedoric disk, transferring by the tape port to the PC sound card.
2006 - Keysend - Fr - unavailable - part of an Oric/PC tool: sends the letters typed on Oric keyboard, to the PC thru the tape port, so the PC can display what was typed on Oric. Unreliable: some letters were missing.
2013 - Mille Bornes v1.3 - Fr - on a CEO disk - from Marc Golstein's excellent Mille Bornes, added a few more options, closer to the original cards game.
Dbug
Site Admin

Re: List of games from 90's and 00's

Post by Dbug »

Perhaps we should just check in Oric.org which of our software is there, and only write the information relative to the ones that are not in the database already?
Chema
Game master

Post by Chema »

I am pretty sure pinforic (1998) is not in Oric.org. It is a tool, not a game or demo, but I think we should try to preserve every bit of software ever made for Oric, and better with sources...
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Yes sorry I began the idea with "games", but in the end everything should be welcome ;)
Dbug: about Oric.org, yes a 1st check should make the list shorter.
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

Hi Simon,

You can also check ont oric gamebase which is accessible on 2014CD.
On the base, you've several softs demos, games, utils ... published after 2000.

I'll try to make the check between oric.org and oric gamebase.
And we'll have to add your last numerisations.
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

coco.oric wrote:You can also check ont oric gamebase which is accessible on 2014CD.
On the base, you've several softs demos, games, utils ... published after 2000.

I'll try to make the check between oric.org and oric gamebase.
And we'll have to add your last numerisations.
Well the main goal would be to find what's not on Oric.org for instance.
I asked this because by searching for an old thing I found back software I had totally forgotten. And there are loads of things that are done by active Oricians that are, I'm pretty sure, not listed anywhere.

As well my numerisations are only for commercial tapes, so they're off-topic ;)
Godzil
Squad Leader

Post by Godzil »

My Funky "Alice in Wondergame" should be in this list ;)

(btw the topic title should be 90's, 00's and 10's ;))
Dbug
Site Admin

Post by Dbug »

So, as far as I can see, what's missing from oric.org from me:
- Proof of Concept 1: Double buffered smooth sinus Dots
- AlchimieGarden
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

I'm not sure when certain titles were released. There may be some of the FGC/HGC titles but I'm not sure which will be 80s and which 90s.

Do you count Mirage and such like?
(Columns, Magnetix, Zip n Zap etc)
coco.oric
Squad Leader

Post by coco.oric »

Yes, i count games like columns, magnetix ...
But i haven't understand the life of mirage company
coco.oric as DidierV, CEO Member
Historic owner of Oric, Apple II, Atari ST, Amiga
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

Mirage was set up by Rob Cook of OUM. They released software that Rob had written with a friend, Paul Moxon doing the artwork. Titles include Cricket(1989), Escape(1990), Galactosmash(1989), Grand Prix, League Soccer(1989), Grendel (1990)by Alistair Way
Adventures -Grandad(?) and Sausages (1992)by Paul Baker. The Haunt (1989) (Rob?) and Krystal Worlds(1990), Krystal Worlds II(1996) by Rob Cook
Insect Insanity (1990) was to be Tansoft release, I believe, OUM discovered and arranged for it to be released
Other new titles like Tetrix (1991) were released through Mirage.
OUM. Mirage also released/distributed titles from JCB Techniques and O.N Software
Rockrun(1990) by Ståle Eikbråten and Wrestling Promoter (1997), National Hockey League Manager Pro (1991) , Mind Madness (1994?) And Mind Madness II by Arnt Erik Isaksen

Chared (1990) Pbed(1991)(EDIT: oops - that should be Obed) Mused (1991) Pixed (1992) Zebulon (1991?) Sonix 3.4(1994) Magnetix(1994) and Sountracker (97/98) - all by Jonathan Bristow, Initially JCBTechniq/ JCBTechniques. Last one is Twilighte.

Zip n Zap (about 1999-2000) was the last release from Mirage and the last commercial software release,(unless there something else from CEO). The last one I did was for game player Henry Marke who thought it was too easy.
Twi released anything else for free via the net.

Columns was by Nick Haworth, son of Jon.

I think Dave Dick took over Mirage distribution and then took on being OUM editor after that.
There may be some I've missed but those are from the instruction sheets I've got in a file.
Last edited by Steve M on Tue Jun 07, 2016 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

Symoon wrote:Hi, is there a complete list of Oric games that were released after the commercial death of Oric?
When was that?
Symoon
Archivist

Post by Symoon »

Steve M wrote:
Symoon wrote:Hi, is there a complete list of Oric games that were released after the commercial death of Oric?
When was that?
I'd say late 1987 / early 1988 ?
But don't take it too strictly, I actually rather had in mind a list of software that were not advertised (or not much), hence unknown to most of us.
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

You can probably add most of the FGC/ HGC titles.

Also Dr Ray's Compiler and Wordspeed.

Your Oric team released the Last Warrior, if memory serves me, though it was a translated version of the French game.

I think Lode Runner was going to be one of the last commercial releases but not sure if it was actually released at that time (?)
Steve M
Squad Leader

Post by Steve M »

One rarity is Basic2+ which was a multiplatform version of Basic. The idea was to have programs that could work on any machine. There was an Oric version.

There was also a thing called Active Learning Program whcih came out for the Atmos.